Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An Ode to Sweet Potato Fries


Sweet Potato Fries
Haiku by Tara

Sweetness of Candy
The Crispy Salty Goodness
Swimming in Ranch Sauce

Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Recipe by Tara

Man, do I love those deep fried sweet potato fries at Dukes. However much I reason that "sweet potatoes are more nutritious than regular potatoes, so they are the healthy choice", I'm still not convinced. I definitely won't be purchasing the evil deep fryer so I can make them at home!

I decided to come up with a guilt free recipe for sweet potato fries.

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
  2. Peel a sweet potato and cut it into fry size strips
  3. Rinse and dry the potato strips
  4. Dip them in egg whites
  5. Spray some cooking spray onto a baking sheet
  6. Set each strip separately on the sheet.
  7. Sprinkle with sea salt
  8. Bake until crispy on the bottom and cooked on top (can't tell you how long because my oven is shot)
  9. Flip them over -or heck, just shake them around and leave them in the oven till they aren't soggy any more.
  10. While you are waiting, mix up a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch and make it runny.

TAH-DAH! Almost as good as the real things!

No comments:

The Best Home Search EVER!!

Hey- Check out my other website..www.InhabitSeattle.com! Not only can you search for any home listed in the Northwest -but it is one of the only sites on the web that you can search for all listed Open Houses! You can also sign up for automatic emails of new homes on the market.