Monday, November 10, 2008

Yes, the same Be's as West Seattle.

Be's Restaurant> White Center > Breakfast > 98146 > 9826 16th Avenue SW > WiFi

Uuuuuhh. Hmmmm. What to say? I walked in to the dance club turned restaurant (and it still looked like a dance club) and asked if this is Be's. Yes, the friendly owner said...are you looking for Be? I replied, nope, just breakfast. The place was dark and dingy and I'm really surprised that there wasn't a disco ball hanging from the ceiling.

The hashbrowns were fresh and hand cut, the eggs were fine, and the bacon was a nuked piece of jerky. The service was good. I must say that I was distracted by the decor, which included a live piranha, so I forgot to take a picture of my meal. I wonder the fish was acquired when the night club was purchased or if it is a new addition? I wonder if my paper napkin is new or used...it seems a little smooshed.

A greasy spoon in White Center is a SPECTACULAR idea! Be's needs to just make a little effort to create an atmosphere in which you feel comfortable eating breakfast. There is a diverse community in White Center, make a breakfast that appeals to many! For the time being, make a trip to Endolyne Joe's and spend a couple more dollars for an unforgettable meal.

Restaurant Inspection Results

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I sooo wanted to like this place since it is like 5 minutes from my house. I had virtually the same experience a month or two ago. I didn't identify the fish, but the decor was very distracting. The food adequate. Seems like it wouldn't be to hard to make it a little more like Beth's...

-k

The Best Home Search EVER!!

Hey- Check out my other website..www.InhabitSeattle.com! Not only can you search for any home listed in the Northwest -but it is one of the only sites on the web that you can search for all listed Open Houses! You can also sign up for automatic emails of new homes on the market.