Monday, January 28, 2008

Almond Fried Chicken Connoisseur

Happy Garden Chinese Restaurant > Burien > 14301 Ambaum Blvd. S.W. > 98166 > 206.242.3400

Americanized Chinese food is so hit and miss. Happy Garden Chinese is always right on target. What started this love affair was their almond fried chicken.

I have now eaten there twice and ordered delivery once. Each time, I ordered the almond fried chicken. What normally is a greasy dish that later leaves me regretting my menu choice, this version is an actual chicken breast that is fried in a light and crispy panko breading on a bed of crisp cabbage -not the normal slimy lettuce. The sauce is not the neon yellow goo that I'm scared to eat (but usually still do), it is a perfectly seasoned brown kind of gravy. Accompanying this wonderful lunch is two scoops of slightly old rice (no big deal), a tasty and perfectly greasy eggroll, and the best hot and sour soup I have ever eaten. ALL FOR $5.45, which includes tax!! Best $5 meal I've ever had!

Here are the top 5 reasons that Happy Garden Chinese is my favorite Chinese place:
5. The Christmas decorations are still up.
4. They deliver for free.
3. Hot and sour soup.
2. This place is spotless. As a certified Germaphobe, not very many places get my stamp of approval. Please remember this when you read the last paragraph.
1. ALMOND FRIED CHICKEN!

Signing out until hunger strikes next.

t

Restaurant Inspection for Happy Garden

No comments:

The Best Home Search EVER!!

Hey- Check out my other website..www.InhabitSeattle.com! Not only can you search for any home listed in the Northwest -but it is one of the only sites on the web that you can search for all listed Open Houses! You can also sign up for automatic emails of new homes on the market.